- Innovative with high potential for impact
- Important to people with lived experience, and relevant to their needs
- Ethical and trustworthy
- Support projects that focus on stakeholder/end-user needs
- Build connections between stakeholders and researchers, and between research and practice
- Emphasize the scalability of projects and opportunities for the greatest impact
- Potential for Impact
- Selected proposals will be eligible for funding valued at up to $100,000 each.
- The term of the grant is 12 to 18 months.
- To be eligible for this grant, the applicants leading the project must be co-principal investigators who are landed immigrants or Canadian citizens based in Northern Ontario, and who are supported by a team.
- The co-principal investigators must be:
- A researcher/academic and
- A leader or member of one of Northern Ontario’s lead or core service providing agencies
- In addition to the co-principal investigators, your team must include a youth and/or family member who has received services from these community-based agencies.
For more information, visit https://www.mhrc.ca/impact-grant-northern-ontario