- Izele is offering three grants of US$1,500.
- This grant scheme is not open to individuals.
- For your project to be eligible, it must contribute towards the conservation of biodiversity and be based in Eswatini, South Africa or Mozambique.
How to enter
- Providing information about your organisation
They will assess your organisation based on the information on its Izele page. This means your organisation’s Izele page will need to have:
- A good quality banner image and logo image.
- 20 people who have made the page one of their favourites.
- At least 2 posts in the News Feed illustrating their work.
- Their location shown on the Map Tab.
- Important information about them on the About Tab.
- If relevant, details of partners, supporters and funders on the About Tab.
- For conservation areas and ecotourism businesses, details of the services and activities they provide on the Amenities Tab.
- For conservation areas, a list of the notable bird and mammal species on the Species Tab.
- For organisations, if relevant, a list of the species benefitting from their work on the Species Tab. If a species is missing from the list of options, please email at the address given on the website and they will add it.
- Providing information on your grant idea
You will need to fill out an application form by clicking on the Apply for a grant button on your organisation’s News Feed Tab. The application form consists of the following sections:
- The name of the person submitting the application on behalf of the organization.
- The electronic contact (e-mail) and the telephone number of the person submitting the application.
- Project description must include information on conservation benefits to be achieved (maximum 300 words).
- Details on how you will publish and promote the work financed by these funds to interested parties and the general public (maximum 100 words).
- Details on project costs, describing each component in detail.
- Each application will be evaluated by a panel of experts based on the following criteria:
- Conservation benefit;
- Strong aspects of the advertising and promotion plan;
- Cost benefit;
- Institutional capacity to implement the project.
For more information, visit https://izele.org/grant2020/