Launched in September 2014, BCBN’s Grant Initiative aims to provide small third-sector grant awards to empower charities and local community projects.
Some of the causes they support:
- Education (e.g. schools, extra-curricular clubs)
- Health (e.g. hospitals, cancer research, healthy eating)
- Ex-Offenders (e.g. mentoring, rehabilitation)
- Homeless/Poverty (e.g. shelter projects, food banks)
- Arts & Culture (e.g. sport activities, library funds)
- Environment (e.g. natural disasters, regeneration projects
- Elderly (e.g. befriending, social clubs
- Disability (e.g. help lines, inclusion)
- Social Cohesion (e.g. committee programmes)
This initiative will distribute a one-off grant award of up to £3,000 per charity or to small but credible community projects, which are able to demonstrate their positive impact on the communities they aim to serve.
- Be UK based
- Address a community issue or support a local community initiative
- Provide benefits to the local community
- Must be able to demonstrate that the money will be used for project-specifics
- Applicants are welcomed from groups including: local community, self-help or voluntary groups and charities (including local branches of national charities) or individuals acting for the benefit of the local community.
For more information, visit http://bcbn.org.uk/grant-initiative/