The City of Greater Geelong is inviting applications for the COVID-19 Arts, Culture and Heritage Recovery Grants Program to support those working in the arts, cultural and heritage sectors who have been impacted adversely by COVID-19. This importantly includes supporting the continued ability to create art, which is fundamental to the viability of the arts sector.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Responding specifically to the COVID-19 isolation and recovery period, the objectives of these grants are:
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- to support individuals, sole traders, organizations and venues in the arts, cultural and heritage sectors to sustain and develop their professional arts practice and operations;
- to support the creation of art; and/or
- to enable arts programming that re-engages audiences post-isolation.
There is a total grant pool of $150,000 with individual grants being offered of up to $5,000 per application.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
The following is a list of ideas and examples that will be considered for funding.
Suggested ideas that are suitable for applications include:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- artist and professional fees
- equipment and materials directly related to the artist, sole trader or organization use
- research materials (books, subscriptions)
- digital technologies
- studio, workplace, and venue costs (up to $1000)
- programming and production costs for commercial music and arts venues
- subsidies for audience/participation fees (e.g. a voucher program for participation in art workshops)
- organization/club member engagement activities
- marketing and promotion
- practice-related professional memberships and insurances.
To be eligible for a grant, the applicant must:
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- have their principal place of residence or operation within the Greater Geelong municipality.
- be an individual, sole trader, or not for profit organization or commercial arts/music venue.
- hold an ABN.
- demonstrate evidence of dedicated professional practice or operations for a minimum of 12 months prior.
- be able to demonstrate that their practice, organization, or business has been adversely impacted by COVID-19 restrictions.
The following will not be funded through this grants program:
- land purchases.
- purchases of office, shop, or warehouse furniture.
- capital works, such as building works, major repairs, or major maintenance.
- equipment requiring building permits or permissions for installation.
- requests for retrospective purchases or projects.
- costs of goods or services already ordered or purchased.
- prizes, gifts, awards, or sponsorship costs.
- projects or activities that occur outside the City of Greater Geelong municipality.
For more information, visit https://www.geelongaustralia.com.au/grants/article/item/8d82a5f71e56627.aspx
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.