The City of Greater Geelong is inviting applications for the COVID-19 Arts, Culture and Heritage Recovery Grants Program to support those working in the arts, cultural and heritage sectors who have been impacted adversely by COVID-19. This importantly includes supporting the continued ability to create art, which is fundamental to the viability of the arts sector.
Responding specifically to the COVID-19 isolation and recovery period, the objectives of these grants are:
- to support individuals, sole traders, organizations and venues in the arts, cultural and heritage sectors to sustain and develop their professional arts practice and operations;
- to support the creation of art; and/or
- to enable arts programming that re-engages audiences post-isolation.
There is a total grant pool of $150,000 with individual grants being offered of up to $5,000 per application.
The following is a list of ideas and examples that will be considered for funding.
Suggested ideas that are suitable for applications include:
- artist and professional fees
- equipment and materials directly related to the artist, sole trader or organization use
- research materials (books, subscriptions)
- digital technologies
- studio, workplace, and venue costs (up to $1000)
- programming and production costs for commercial music and arts venues
- subsidies for audience/participation fees (e.g. a voucher program for participation in art workshops)
- organization/club member engagement activities
- marketing and promotion
- practice-related professional memberships and insurances.
To be eligible for a grant, the applicant must:
- have their principal place of residence or operation within the Greater Geelong municipality.
- be an individual, sole trader, or not for profit organization or commercial arts/music venue.
- hold an ABN.
- demonstrate evidence of dedicated professional practice or operations for a minimum of 12 months prior.
- be able to demonstrate that their practice, organization, or business has been adversely impacted by COVID-19 restrictions.
The following will not be funded through this grants program:
- land purchases.
- purchases of office, shop, or warehouse furniture.
- capital works, such as building works, major repairs, or major maintenance.
- equipment requiring building permits or permissions for installation.
- requests for retrospective purchases or projects.
- costs of goods or services already ordered or purchased.
- prizes, gifts, awards, or sponsorship costs.
- projects or activities that occur outside the City of Greater Geelong municipality.
For more information, visit https://www.geelongaustralia.com.au/grants/article/item/8d82a5f71e56627.aspx