Deadline: 8 March 2020
UNICEF and UNDP are calling for submissions to the Generation Unlimited Youth Challenge, where the young people of Guyana can develop their own solutions to real-world problems and stand the chance to win big and compete on the global stage.
The Generation Unlimited (GenU) aims to support young people in piloting their ideas with the goal of developing scalable and sustainable solutions in the areas of education, employment and civic engagement by 2030. It seeks to promote social innovations, based on the expertise of young people, government representatives, multilateral organisations, and the private sector, in the communities through creative thinking, teamwork and collaboration.
The Generation Unlimited Youth Challenge calls on young innovators to design solutions to improve education, employment and civic engagement. It aims to inspire young people with brilliant ideas, but without the resources to bring them to life.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Youth Challenge will support young women and young men to identify, understand and solve challenges for them and their peers.
The most promising ideas will contribute to the success of Generation Unlimited, in order to meet the urgent needs for expanded education, training and employment opportunities for young people and provide the right skills to the rapidly increasing global population of adolescents and youngsters (between the ages of 10 to 24) which is predicted to reach 2 billion people in 2030.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
GenU forms part of the United Nations’ Youth 2030 Strategy and will complement and build on existing programmes that support adolescents and young people.
UNICEF Guyana, in partnership with UNDP and all stakeholders are challenging adolescents and youth to find solutions to:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Education & Training
- Question – How can we ensure that the most marginalized adolescents and youth continue learning and training?
- Question – How can youth move beyond road side stands/ music carts and wash bays to structured enterprise and business?
- Your team must have at least three members, including you, and GenU recommends no more than five members total;
- Teams are eligible that are starting to work on a new idea or project. For example, for this particular challenge young people cannot apply if:
- Every member of your team must be aged between 14 and 24 on September 23rd, 2019. GenU welcomes diversity! they welcome teams of all genders or none and include diversity of all kinds of identity – gender, sexuality, ethnicity, disability, etc.
- Every member of your team must be available to join all days of the workshop March-17-19, 2020.
- If selected for local seed funding and mentorship, you need to be able to commit to implementing your idea, which could last until at least July 2020.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
All candidates can download the application form via given website.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/38nqELn
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.