Applications are now open for the Green Agribusiness Fund (GAF) Africa.
- Sustainablility: Youth-led agribusinesses that will be accommodated on this initiative must deliver value to all stakeholders without degrading economic, social and natural capital.
- Rural Economy: This initiative will promote youth-led agribusiness innovations that address poverty, labor, crisis, rural urban migration and improved living standard in natural economies across Africa.
- Technology: This initiative will prioritise youth led agribusinesses that incorporate technology in their business projects
- Gener Balance: This initiative will give priority to businesses founded and led by young women. It will also give priority to businesses that show clear plans to employ young women particularly within rural economy.
- Youth Enterpreneurship: This initiative will focus on youth and opportunities for entrepreneurship; business ethics, aligning with macroeconomics policies for business gains, funding and trainings to foster youth-led agribusiness across Africa.
- Enquiry: Get In touch with the online team and they will be glad to respond to you as soon as possible.
- Applicant on the pilot phase must be citizens or residents of Nigeria or Rwanda.
- Applicant must live in Nigeria or Rwanda.
- Applicant’s business must be registered and operational in Nigeria or Rwanda for at least one year.
- Applicants must be between age of 20-35 at the time of application
- Applicants must be an agricultural entrepreneur and business initiative must address the themes of the initiative.
- Application must address reduction of young women’s unemployment within their communities.
- Applicants in a partnership should apply together with their partners as one company.
- Applicants in partnership must provide consent letter from partner(s).
- Business of applicants must be sustainable, financially viable and must be their authentic idea.
- In a case where applicants have more than one business focus, only one of the business focuses should be presented
- Selected beneficiaries are not allowed to apply again in the future.
- Current employees or their families from JR Farms and affiliate/partner organizations are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be willing to share equity stake for a period of 4 years.
- Applications must be made in English or French
Applications will be reviewed by independent selection committee made of experts in various selection criteria.
- Applications will be judged based on sustainability, feasibility, financials, gender balance, scalability and entrepreneurial skills, growth mindset, ability to collaborate and attract resources and visionary while aligning with themes of the fund.
- 3 entrepreneurs will be selected in Rwanda and 3 in Nigeria in the pilot phase.
- Selected applicants must provide valid ID, business financial records (including bank statements and debt records) and documents that may be decided later,
- Applicants who are not selected can reapply in the next cohort
For more information, visit https://www.gafafrica.com/process