This fund provides grants to nonprofits, schools, and other programs that promote the development and education of economically disadvantaged children and youth aged 18 years of age and younger in the City of Alexandria and in Fairfax County south and west of the City of Alexandria with a current preference towards the Route 1 corridor.
For 2021 the Community Foundation will consider applications in the following categories. Applications that do not fall into these categories will not be considered.
- Academic Achievement
- After-school/Summer Activities
- Basic Needs
- Career Readiness
- Early Childhood Education
- English Language Proficiency for Children
The Community Foundation intends to make four grants of $20,000.
The Community Foundation will consider grant applications that meet the following criteria.
- Applicants must be 501(c)(3) organizations providing charitable or educational services. Local, state and federal government entities are not eligible to apply.
- Grant requests for capacity building, program or general support purposes will be considered. Funding may be used to support, expand or enhance existing programs or to start new programs. Applications for capital improvements, endowments, or scholarship awards will not be considered.
- Grants will be made to organizations providing services in the City of Alexandria or Fairfax County south and west of the City of Alexandria, with a current preference towards the Route 1 corridor.
- The Community Foundation intends to make four grants of $20,000.
- Applications that are late or incomplete will not be considered.
- Only one application per organization will be considered.
For more information, visit https://www.cfnova.org/grants-and-scholarships/grants/community-investment-funds/lamond-fund