Do you have an imaginative, non-violent project on feminist anti-militarism and anti-war activism? The Maypole Fund may be able to support your activism with a grant of up to £1000.
The Maypole Fund is a small grant-giving organisation that funds feminist activism against militarism and war. They have an international impact by financially supporting feminist direct action, activities and projects which oppose the many forms of militarism and war in locally relevant and appropriate ways.
- Applicants can be individual feminists or feminist groups, and they welcome applications for projects and activities for any of the following areas of feminist activism:
- Action against militarism
- Action against war
- Action against the arms trade
- Action against nuclear weapons and weapons systems
- Action to support disarmament policies and processes
- To receive a grant, you must agree to the following conditions:
- You or your group/organisation must commit to using the grant exclusively for the project/activity applied for.
- You or your group’s/organisation’s activity has not started before the grant decision.
- To demonstrate the outcome of your project/activity, you must provide a report back within 6 months of the end of a project. Please say what you have done and how you have spent the grant.
- Acknowledge funding received from The Maypole Fund wherever possible, such as in project publications and on your website, or similar.
- They do not fund:
- On-going running costs by groups, including recurring salaries or office rental
- Undergraduate or graduate studies
- Economic development or poverty reduction, such as investment in machinery or materials, or investment in private businesses
- Participation in conferences, study visits, etc by individuals from the Global North
For more information, visit Maypole Fund.