Merck is seeking applications to offer a series of research grants to stimulate innovative research in challenging areas of future importance to create new sustainable partnerships with leading global science and technology players to work on breakthrough science and to generate valuable seeds for future business.
Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany intends to offer research grants in the following research areas:
- Drug Discovery: 3 grants comprising 350,000 €/year for 3 years with the option of extension
- Real time testing and sensors: grant comprising between 100,000 – 500,000 $/year for 2 years with the option of extension
- Nanoparticle for nucleic acid delivery: grant comprising between 100,000 – 300,000 $/year for 2 years with the option of extension
- Digital Innovation: 3 grants comprising 40,000 – 100,000 € for 1 year with the option of extension
- Bioelectronics: grant comprising 150,000 €/year for 3 years
- Sustainability: grant/s to be negotiated on a case by case basis
- Media recycling for cultured meat: grant/s to be negotiated on a case by case basis
- Organoids: grant/s to be negotiated on a case by case basis
- The amount of the grant(s) is 40,000 – – 450,000 EUR per year for up to 3 years are available.
- Submissions are accepted from scientists in all countries all over the world.
- The Merck research grants program is open to scientists in all career stages who are affiliated with any research-based institution, university or company. Applicants submit their application for the focus topics containing non-confidential information only. You may apply for more than one focus topic.
If your application is successful, you are invited to submit a full proposal under confidentiality and join a deep-dive workshop with the other finalists in 2021.
For more information, visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/research/open-innovation/2021-research-grants.html