Applications are now open for the Vulnerable Groups to support Portuguese NGO projects, which work towards empowering vulnerable groups.
In 2021, the Programme seeks to support projects that promote economic empowerment through the training of vulnerable people and/or the creation or improvement of services aimed at increasing the quality of life of beneficiaries.
- Large projects under this Call must have a total supportable cost greater than 20,000 euros and equal to or less than 75,000 euros, with eligible costs being co-financed by the Programme at a maximum rate of 90%;
- The maximum duration of selected projects under this Call is 20 months, with an expected start date in March 2022.
- Adoption of participatory methods and/or innovative solutions in addressing the needs of vulnerable groups;
- Creation or improvement of support services to empower vulnerable groups;
- Support for youths at risk of social exclusion, including from marginalised communities, in order to promote successful social and professional paths;
- Support for victims of domestic and sexual violence, including their physical, psychological and social rehabilitation;
- Support for the integration, in its various aspects, of refugees, migrants, Roma people, and other minority groups;
- Support for the integration of former prisoners, homeless people and other marginalized or at-risk groups, including through the use of the arts, sport or culture;
- Provision of training for the economic empowerment of vulnerable individuals, in order to promote their integration in the labour market;
- Support for the mobilisation of older peoples’ knowledge for the benefit and inclusion of newer generations in marginalised communities, in particular through intergenerational cooperation and mentoring initiatives;
- Creation or development of digital solutions that may facilitate the integration and empowerment of individuals who are in vulnerable situations.
- Each eligible entity can only submit a maximum of one application per year, either as a promoter or partner;
- Depending on the dimension of the projects, it may be mandatory to form a partnership. Please carefully read the respective Call Notice;
- It is mandatory to fully read the Programme Rules and Call Notice, available in the “documents” area of this page.
For more information, visit https://gulbenkian.pt/cidadaos-ativos/en/bolsas-lista/vulnerable-groups/