The Ripley County Community Foundation is accepting applications for its Change Ripley County Grant Program to inspire local organizations to support youth-led initiatives that will impact Ripley County’s prosperity.
The mission of Ripley Youth Outreach is, “to create a powerful youth voice in our community in order to improve the lives of those in Ripley County through a philanthropic approach.” The Change Ripley County Grant was developed to give local youth a platform in which to be heard, the confidence to take action to change their communities, and the resources to enact that change.
The purpose of their organization’s grant application must fall within one or more of the Community Foundation’s four service areas:
- Arts & Culture: to expand the arts within the region and/or establish diversified and inclusive programs that offer widespread opportunities for participation and appreciation of culturally significant places, beliefs, and traditions.
- Business & Entrepreneurship: to support the growth and success of local small businesses and entrepreneurs through opportunities that sparks innovation, investment, and diversifies our local economy.
- Education, Health, & Well-Being: to support the development of human capital through a strong educational system and a healthy lifestyle.
- Environment & Natural Resources: to invest in projects and programs aimed at expanding and protecting the natural landscape that surrounds them by increasing appreciation for, improvements to, and use of the natural environment.
The Change Ripley County Grant is available once per year in the amount of up to $10,000.00 maximum.
- Grants will be made only to organizations that have responsible fiscal sponsors and adequate accounting procedures.
- Grant recipients and fiscal sponsors will sign and abide by the respective conditions as set forth in the Community Foundation’s “Grant Award Agreements” and “Grant Report Forms.”
- An organization or an organization’s fiscal sponsor cannot have an outstanding or delinquent Grant Report in order for an application to be considered for future granting.
- No grants will be made solely to individuals.
- No grants will be made to defray travel or lodging expenses to enable individuals or groups to attend seminars or take trips.
- No grants will be made exclusively for endowment purposes of recipient organizations.
- No grants will be made for programs which will have been completed and funded prior to the Ripley County Community Foundation’s publicized date for grant decisions. No grants will be made to repay acquisition costs for equipment already purchased.
- No grant shall be made for the acquisition of weapons, firearms or destructive devices as defined in the Indiana Code under IC 35-41-1-8 or IC 35-47.5-2-4.
- No grants will be made specifically for sectarian religious purposes, but can be made to religious organizations for general community programs, or to preserve an historical site (typically 100 years or older).
- No grant will be made for the purchase of property or buildings.
- Organizations who have been awarded prior grants must have complied with all reporting requirements and be in good standing before submitting another grant application. Non-compliance will result in exclusion from future granting.
- Previous awarded grants to an organization must be spent and accounted for before applying for another grant from the Ripley County Community Foundation.
- No grants will be made to attempt to influence legislation or to intervene in any political campaign (including the publishing or distribution of statement) on behalf of any candidate for public office.
To apply for the Change Ripley County Grant, the supporting organization must meet the following criteria:
- Be a 501(c)(3) organization, governmental, or educational entity, or be a non-profit entity with a fiscal sponsor who is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization
- The organization must not have outstanding or delinquent grant reports (this requirement also applies to fiscal sponsors)
- Youth who have partnered with a nonprofit organization in Ripley County to improve Ripley County
For more information, visit https://rccfonline.org/grants/applications/