The U.S. Consulate General in Jeddah Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State is pleased to announce “Empowering Saudi Women through Entrepreneurship in Western Saudi Arabia” program to support activities that promote U.S.-Saudi bilateral relations.
The U.S. Consulate General in Jeddah requests proposals for projects aimed at empowering women in Western Saudi Arabia through entrepreneurship. While a wide range of project proposals will be considered, successful projects will incorporate many of the following elements:
- A clearly defined project objective, with specific supporting goals and quantifiable project milestones.
- A focus on entrepreneurship/accelerator programming that complements, rather than competes with, programs already active in Western Saudi Arabia by reaching currently underserved populations, working in areas where little training is currently offered, or addressing important topics underrepresented in current programs.
- The creation, strengthening, or expansion of a women’s entrepreneurship network that encourages and facilitates the transfer of skills and sharing of resources between members.
- A mentorship program that aims to accelerate initial success in women-owned Saudi businesses by pairing them with related, successful businesses in the United States in an organized and sustainable fashion.
- A sustainable strategic plan to provide program participants with knowledge or skills of lasting value and application beyond the term of the project.
- Use of traditional and innovative educational programs and networking tools in the pursuit of broader goals such as empowering women, economic development, job creation, understanding the value of diversity, business development, acquisition of leadership skills, etc.
- An integrated project messaging/media plan, designed to amplify the reach of key program messages to Saudi participants who do not participate in the program.
- An innovative approach that highlights American expertise or U.S.-Saudi partnerships and creates/strengthens networks between Americans and Saudis.
- Award Ceiling: U.S. $125,000
- Award Floor: U.S. $25,000
- The U.S. Consulate General in Jeddah Public Affairs Section (PAS) encourages proposals from registered not-for-profit Western Saudi-based civil-society organizations, including think tanks, non-governmental organizations, and academic institutions or similar U.S.-based organizations with a partner organization based in Western Saudi Arabia with programming experience.
- To be eligible for a federal assistance award, in addition to other conditions of this request for proposals, organizations must have a commitment to non-discrimination with respect to beneficiaries and adherence to equal opportunity employment practices. Non-discrimination includes equal treatment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, gender and political affiliation. By law, commercial firms are ineligible to receive funding through this award mechanism.
- For-profit and/or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=331691