The Excellence in Education was created in 2019 through a generous contribution by-statewide workforce, as well as support of members of the Kent Economic Partnership, Greater Kent Committee, Delaware State News and the Kent County community.
The Excellence in Education is interested in:
- Enhancing the workforce throughout the region: This includes quality and impact of the program. How many will be impacted? What is the duration of the program?
- Educating and broadening perspectives: What is the educational component to the program? How many will be impacted? What will those impacted learn?
- Economic and Community Development: Will this program serve or create a special skill set? Will this program generate some measurable economic impact? Will this promote employment opportunities in Kent County or possible relocation?
- The Excellence in Education will award over $ 15,000 in grants.
What is supported?
The Excellence in Education supports organizations and programs that help foster workforce development in Kent County. The Fund especially interested in initiatives which:
- Ready to work programs, apprenticeships, certification programs – such as soft skills training, etc.
- Special consideration for this interim award will be given to programs that help close occupational shortages as outlined below:
- Health technologies,technicians
- Construction,Maintenance, Mechanical Occupations
- Material Moving Occupations
- Transportation Occupations
- Warehouse & Logistics
- Computer and Mathematical Occupations
- Business and Financial Operations Occupations
- Life, Physical and Social ScienceOccupations
- Healthcare Support Occupations
- Architecture and Engineering Occupations
- Management Occupations
- Sales and Related Occupations
- Building and Grounds Cleaning & Maintenance Occupations
- The Excellence in Education Advisory Board oversees all grant making for charitable purposes to public institutions and non-profit organizations having a 501(c)(3) or fiduciary responsibility with a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
- Agencies must serve residents without discrimination based on race, religion, gender, age or national origin.
For more information, visit http://www.cendelfoundation.org/index.cfm?ref=60205&ref2=99