Applications are now open for the Carn Hill Community Benefit Fund.
Purpose of the fund
- This local community benefit fund was set up by Gaelectric in 2016 and is now managed by CGN Europe – a wind energy and energy storage company that believes in a sustainable future. GCN is committed to ensuring that their wind farms, whilst having obvious environmental benefits, also provide significant economic benefits to the local community.
- The Carn Hill Community Benefit Fund is available to local community projects within the Monkstown, Grange, Woodburn, Greenisland and Ballynure areas.
- The Carn Hill Community Benefit Fund is administered by the Community Foundation for Northern Ireland.
The fund aims to encourage:
- Stronger more inclusive communities by ensuring that local people have ownership and involvement in the design and delivery of the project.
- Partnership working with community, voluntary and statutory agencies to ensure a coordinated approach.
- Sustainable solutions that address local issues.
- The fund will support projects addressing issues within the following theme areas:
- Priority will be given to:
- Projects aimed at providing skills development for young adults
- Intergenerational projects
- Rural insulation tackling projects
- Projects based around community arts
- Projects which improve the usage of community space
- Amount: Up to £ 5,000
What they will not fund?
In addition, the Carn Hill Community Benefit Fund will not support:
- The advancement of religion. This includes organizations whose purposes include the advancement of religion;
- The establishment of endowment of any school or institution providing further education within the meaning of the Education and Libraries (Northern Ireland) Order 1972;
- The provision of assistance to any Housing Association within the meaning of the Housing (Northern Ireland) Order 1976;
- Promotion of religious or political activity, including any flags and emblems that may deem to be associated with such;
- Applications from individuals;
- Applications from statutory organizations;
- Salaried posts;
- Trips abroad;
- Activities that duplicate existing services;
- Retrospective Funding;
- Substitution for statutory funding.
For more information, visit https://communityfoundationni.org/grants/carn-hill-community-benefit-fund/