The Mechanicsburg Area Community Foundation (MACF), a regional foundation of the Foundation for Enhancing Communities (TFEC), conducts an annual competitive grantmaking program for nonprofit organizations serving the Mechanicsburg.
MACF seeks to fund programs and services that have the potential for the greatest impact on the quality of life and positive outcomes for individuals and families living in the Mechanicsburg area. Through its grantmaking, MACF invests in innovative, collaborative approaches and solutions to community problems and supports projects that demonstrate achievable outcomes, the potential for replication as a model program, and plans for sustainability beyond the grant term.
MACF requires that applicant organizations be aligned with one or more of the following funding priorities
MACF is additionally pleased to welcome grant applications that address:
- Community development and town pride in Mechanicsburg
- Hospice Services for people of the Mechanicsburg area
- Mechanicsburg based programs and organizations that serve people with terminal and debilitating illnesses, including Alzheimer’s Disease
- Programs & projects that focus upon or nurture access to early childhood education
The maximum grant is $12,000.
MACF does not fund
- Capital campaigns
- Direct lobbying to influence legislation or funding appropriations
- National and statewide umbrella organizations that cannot demonstrate a local presence
- New staff positions without a substantial plan for sustainability
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Retroactive projects
- Eligible projects must serve the Mechanicsburg.
- Applicants must either be a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, a nonprofit organization as recognized by the IRS as such, or have a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization act as a fiscal sponsor for the proposed project.
The MACF Advisory Committee makes all grantmaking decision and consists of a dedicated group of individuals committed to the betterment of the Mechanicsburg area. he Grant Review Committee may request additional information about the grant proposal prior to making an award or denial. MACF will evaluate grant applications using the following prioritized criteria:
- Connection to the Funding Priorities of MACF.
- Service to the Mechanicsburg area and correlating zip codes is clearly specified, defined, and estimated.
- Narrative provides a clear picture of all proposed actions and activities.
- Project/program dates and locations are clearly addressed and anticipated.
- Project may have some similarities to comparable organizations and/or projects, but remains unique in its design or service.
- Project demonstrates how it will be inclusive/accessible to all applicable audiences.
- Roles and responsibilities are defined and work to strengthen/enhance the project.
- Project has an achievable funding plan and is not 100% dependent upon grant award.
- Budget Worksheet clearly defines where awarded funds will be applied.
For more information, visit https://www.tfec.org/grants/mechanicsburg-area-foundation-grant/