The Avon and Somerset Police is seeking applications for its Road Safety Fund to help community programmes prevent injuries caused by road traffic incidents.
The Police Community Trust provides support for groups and charities who want to help their communities. Organizations can fill in this form to apply for a grant from the Road Safety Fund to help make Avon and Somerset’s roads safer.
The Fund aims to:
- Improve road safety in local communities to reduce accidents and casualty figures.
- Provide better education and training for children, young people, learners and inexperienced drivers.
- Reduce the economic and the personal costs of fatalities and serious injuries.
- Grants of up to £5,000 are available.
What is not covered?
Road Safety Fund grants do not cover:
- Expeditions or trips
- Replacement of statutory funding or salaries
- Bursaries or scholarships
- Projects outside the Avon and Somerset area
- Low priority building costs
- Projects that should be funded by other authorities
- Further applications within a period of three years
- The fund is open to local community and voluntary organizations in the Avon and Somerset police force area.
For more information, visit https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/apply/police-community-trust/road-safety-fund/