The Chronicle Sunshine Fund is now open to support babies, children and young adults up until their 19th birthday who live in Tyne and Wear, Northumberland and County Durham, by funding equipment that is not provided by the NHS, local authority or any other source.
- They rely solely on the support and generosity of local organizations and individuals to raise £450,000 annually through donations, events and community giving.
- The Chronicle Sunshine Fund provides specialist equipment to children with disabilities.
- They fund equipment that is not funded by the NHS or any other source.
- IT Equipment Value:
- IPad Air 2 – Wi-Fi only, no 4G data plan. Case provided: £380.00
- Laptop: £400.00
- Examples of specialist equipment includes:
- IT equipment
- Profiling beds
- Specialized seating
- Sensory equipment
- Hydrotherapy equipment
- Equipment to anyone aged 19 and over.
- Assistance for holidays/trips.
- Contributions to general fundraising appeals.
- Garden/home renovation or improvement.
- Travel or car lease.
- Childcare costs.
- Professional fees/costs.
- Training/College Fees.
- Insurance & extended warranties.
- Any equipment that can be funded through the NHS or Local Authority.
- The beneficiary must:
- Be aged 18 or under.
- Be an individual child/siblings with disabilities or an organisation* that supports children with disabilities.
- Not have applied in the last 12 months.
- Live in the following areas: Northumberland, Tyne and Wear, County Durham.
For more information, visit https://www.thesunshinefund.org/apply