Deadline: Ongoing Opportunity
The Yesod Europe is inviting applications for the Jewish Learning Fund to support Jewish community professionals and educators in Europe in gaining knowledge and skills to feel confident expressing Jewish language and values throughout their community work.
They are committed to supporting the creation of vibrant, meaningful, Jewish life through strong communities driven by inspired and engaged individuals.
You can apply for funds in the following categories:
- One-to-one Jewish learning coach (Yesod Europe can help identify a suitable coach)
- Small group Jewish learning with an educator (Yesod Europe can help identify a suitable instructor)
- Learning programs external to Yesod Europe (including online courses of study and short- and long-term immersive in-person learning programs subject to Covid travel restrictions).
- Funds from $250 (USD) – $2,000 (USD) will be awarded for successful applications from eligible individuals and small groups.
- The funds must be spent within 8 months of receiving fund confirmation from Yesod.
Funds will be awarded to Jewish community professionals and educators who:
- Work in a paid, professional capacity for 16 hours a week or more, in Jewish organizations of all types that work with and develop Jewish communities. This could include, but is not limited to, youth organizations, Jewish Community Centers (JCCs), synagogues, schools, welfare and cultural organizations. Or applicants can work as freelance Jewish educators in the Jewish community, for at least 16 hours per week.
- Are based in a European country. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept applications from the former Soviet Union outside of the Baltic States.
- Have at least 6 months of experience working professionally in the Jewish community or as a freelance Jewish educator in the Jewish community.
- Have not already had a successful application to this fund in the past 12 months.
Funds will not be granted for training/learning opportunities that have already taken place or for those that are already supported in other ways by Yesod Europe’s partner organizations.
For more information, visit https://yesodeurope.eu/jewish-learning-fund/