The Armenian Communities Department of the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation is currently inviting applications for the Short Term Conference and Travel Grant Program.
The objective of the programme is to encourage academic interaction and exchange of knowledge and ideas. Scholarships are awarded mostly for short-term travel grants. In rare cases, longer research/study trips will be considered, for up to three months.
The awards are open to all research fields, but humanities and social sciences will be privileged.
The grant amount is fixed regardless of length of travel and is calculated. It is expected that the applicants cover any shortfall from other sources of funding. The grant covers the following expenses in the first instance: registration, accommodation, travel costs and visa fees.
- Europe (EU and neighboring countries): Up to 1000 €
- Americas (USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, etc.): Up to 1200€
- Middle East and East Asia (Turkey, Lebanon, Israel, etc.): Up to 800€
- Ex-USSR countries (excluding Baltic Republics): Up to 700€
- Far East (China, South Korea, India, Japan, Australia, etc.): Up to 1500€
- Going to Armenia from abroad: Up to 1000€
Candidates wishing to apply for a Short Term Conference and Travel Grant to Students and Young Academics in Armenia must meet the following requirements:
- Be studying/based in Armenia
- Be under 35 years old at the time of the application
- a Master or PhD degree student or
- a researcher from Armenia, wishing to attend international seminars, conferences, summer courses and other relevant activities related to his/her research field. The awards are open to all research fields, but humanities and social sciences are privileged.
For more information, visit https://gulbenkian.pt/en/bolsas-lista/short-term-conference-and-travel-grants-2022/