The Japan Foundation is inviting applications for the Arts & Culture Small Grant Program 2022 to implement arts and cultural projects which promote deeper understanding of Japan or/and encourage cultural collaborations between Japan and Indonesia or East Timor.
The Japan Foundation supports the implementation of programs that implement various aspects of Japanese arts and culture to encourage network promotion, deepen understanding and development of human resources through production cooperation and collaboration between Japan and Indonesia by sending or inviting experts in their fields.
- Projects which promote deeper understanding of Japanese arts and culture among the people of Indonesia and this region.
- Projects with elements of collaborations between Japan and Indonesia or East Timor.
- Projects which will expand the networks of professionals in the field of arts and culture.
- Projects with high potential for the development into sustainable projects.
- Projects whose outcomes have a lasting significance within relevant fields, rather than being a one-off event.
- Projects which contribute in developing a foundation for international cultural exchanges by nurturing those who can take the lead in international cultural exchange between Japan and Indonesia or East Timor.
- The Japan Foundation, Jakarta contribution will not exceed IDR 30,000,000
- The contribution of the Japan Foundation, Jakarta is limited to the expenses actually paid in the following budgetary items during the period of grant:
- Transportation: international airfares, domestic transportation expenses Honorarium/wages (for the performers, researchers, collaborators, guest speakers, guest lecturers, assistants, interpreters)
- Accommodation Expenses
- Purchase of research materials
- Production of catalogs, brochures, leaflets, proceedings and reports Rental fees for venue and equipment
- Applicants shall be non-profit organizations (e.g. universities, non-profit cultural institutions, NGO/NPOs) located in Indonesia or East Timor.
- Applicants shall carry out the project as institutions and shall cover a part of the cost.
- Projects shall be completed by January 31st, 2023.
- Applicants shall agree on the obligations specified.
- Applicants must have a bank account capable of accepting grants from the Japan Foundation, Jakarta. The bank account may also be opened before remittance.
For more information, visit https://www.jpf.or.id/id/smallgrant-budaya/