The Austin City Council is seeking applications for its Austin Arts and Culture Non-Profit Relief Grant to provide one-time unrestricted grants to local arts and culture non-profit organizations facing hardships due to the economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Arts and Culture Non-Profits are defined as:
- Organizations with programming that promotes or develops art in any medium (visual, performing, music, etc.), preserves or commemorates historical events and local cultures, or promotes the distribution of ideas. Examples include art museums, historical societies, theaters, local-access radio and television, and festivals.
- Applicants can request a flat $20,000 per organization.
Eligible Non-Profit Organizations must meet the following conditions:
- Organizations able to provide a 2019 and/or 2020 federal income tax return(990s).
- Organizations that have been in operations providing services for two years minimum as of July 14, 2021.
- Organizations whose primary mission is within the arts and culture sector.
- Organizations under good standing with the Internal Revenue Service and classified as a “public charity” with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)3 or 509(a)
- Must provide primary services to the populations within a City of Austin Council District, but not further than the regional MSA (Metropolitan Statistical Area) Bastrop, Caldwell, Hays, Travis and Williamson Counties.
- Non-Profit organizations must meet ONE of the following location eligibility criteria:
- An office/headquarters street address physically located with a presence in a City of Austin Council District
- OR Non-Profits without a street address physically located in a City of Austin Council District, which includes Non-Profit organizations who do not have a brick and mortar office/headquarters location, or regularly operate as an at-home Non-Profit must provide demonstrated evidence that the organizations primary programming and service locations occur within a City of Austin Council district. A programming location cannot be a P.O. Box address including a UPS Box.
- Entities organized as a 501(c)(4) or 501(c)(6)
- Fraternal, sectarian, and religious organizations
- Endowments or memorials
- Non-profit hospitals and higher education institutions
- Private foundations
- Organizations whose primary mission is not within the Arts & Culture sector
- Full time,permanent City of Austin employees are ineligible to receive these funds
- Organizations that cannot meet one of the two location-based eligibility criteria
- P.O. Box or UPS Box accounts do not qualify as physical or programming addresses
- Organizations whose primary activities serve beyond the MSA (Metropolitan Statistical Area) Bastrop, Caldwell, Hays, Travis and Williamson Counties are not eligible to apply
- Non-Profit organizations primarily serving Statewide or Nationwide populations
For more information, visit https://www.austintexas.gov/department/austin-arts-and-culture-non-profit-relief-grant