The Gulf Area Community Social Development Trust is a Queensland Community Foundation (QCF) sub-fund established by the Queensland Government.
Grants from the sub-fund, promote the interests and welfare of residents of the Gulf Area Community by supporting projects and initiatives that encourage educational, health, cultural and social development.
Proposed projects must service the communities of Burke Shire Council, Carpentaria Shire Council, Doomadgee Aboriginal Shire Council and Mornington Shire Council.
Within the context of the Trust purpose, the following objectives have been set:
- projects identified as a result of the assessment of social impact of resource development and other major projects in the region
- social and community development activities
- personal development activities
- education of residents through bursaries / scholarships for secondary and tertiary studies where no other bursary or scholarship has been awarded to the applicant for the same period of study
- projects providing low scale infrastructure projects where an identified social issue can be improved by such a project
- improvement of the health of Gulf residents
- The Trust will consider applications up to $30,000 each.
- Recipients of any grant through the Trust must only be those organisations that have Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status as endorsed by the Australian Tax Office.
- Any entity that does NOT have Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status is ineligible for grants.
- Organisations that do not have DGR status, but would like to submit an application for funding, are encouraged to collaborate with a funding partner who holds the relevant DGR status and who would be willing to manage and acquit the grant.
- DGR status can be checked at the Australian Government website under “Advanced search”.
- Applicant organisations must:
- Be an “eligible organisation”
- Be capable of efficiently managing Trust grant funds and the associated project
- Have the capacity to properly keep separate accounting records for reporting purposes
- Demonstrate that it has competent members with the skills and capacity to carry out the development, implementation and management of approved projects
- Ensure that the application is discrete in that it is not for a project which will be dependent on further funding being made available from the Trust
- Abide by the criteria set out in other sections of this document.
For more information, visit https://qcf.org.au/grants/the-gulf-area-social-development-trust/