The Variety the Children’s Charity is pleased to announce the Community Grants to assist organisations working directly with WA kids who live with sickness, disadvantage, and disability by providing equipment to support inclusion, education, independence, and joy.
Variety Community grants are aimed at assisting organisations working directly with WA children who are sick, disadvantaged or living with disability. Variety WA provides funding for equipment to enable organisations to impact children through inclusion, education, independence and joy. They provide assistance that is not accessible through government funding or alternative services.
- You can apply for up to $20,000
- Item requested must be directly related to or impacting the children linked with your organisation
- Funding is for equipment and physical items only
- You must be a school, community group, organisation, NFP, NGO, or similar to apply
- Your group must work with children aged 0-17
- The children you work with must be disadvantaged (financial, geographic, or social), sick (long-term health condition), or have a disability
- The funding you are seeking must not be available via government or alternative sources
- Variety Community Grants are typically open between January and November, current information will be available on the Variety WA website
- Submissions are reviewed by the Kids Support Committee; a group of qualified professionals representing the allied health, community, and education sectors
- NFP organizations (or others) who receive ‘fee for service’ are generally ineligible for funding. They do, however, consider each and every application and the committee has the ability to use its discretion in exceptional circumstances
- Outcomes are communicated 4-6 weeks after the closing date of your application round
- Approved outcomes are not guaranteed, each application is assessed on its merit and contributions may be offered in lieu of full funding at the committees’ discretion
For more information, visit https://www.variety.org.au/wa/programs/variety-wa-grants/