The Variety the Children’s Charity is seeking applications for its Variety BeKids Grants to provide practical equipment to help WA kids have a fair go.
The items funded will help kids access the community, and extracurricular endeavors and support their wellbeing. They provide assistance that is not accessible through government funding and alternative services.
- Bike or scooter (school-age children only)
- Prescription glasses
- Extracurricular supplies (sport uniform / equipment)
- Play equipment (remote areas only)
- Request limit: $400
- Household Income limit: $50,000pa
- The child you are applying for must reside in WA
- The child you are applying for must be aged 0-17
- The child you are applying for must be affected by financial hardship or disadvantage, and may also have a long-term health condition or disability
- Your family household income needs
- The equipment you’re seeking funding for must not be available via government funding or alternative sources
- Variety BeKids grants rounds are typically open between January to October, however, this is subject to change at Variety WA’s discretion. Current information will be available on the website.
- Submissions are reviewed by the Kids Support Committee; a group of qualified professionals representing allied health, community, and education sectors.
- Outcomes are communicated 2-4 weeks after the respective round closure.
- If a submission required additional review, it may delay the outcome.
For more information, visit https://www.variety.org.au/wa/programs/variety-wa-grants/