The Australian Embassy in Belgrade is open for project proposals that will be funded through the Direct Aid Program (DAP).
DAP is a flexible small grants program funded from Australia’s aid budget and managed by the Australian Embassy in Belgrade. DAP allocation for the Australian Embassy Belgrade for financial year 2020/21 is limited; therefore they are looking for high quality, well-targeted project proposals.
They welcome project proposals from capable non-profit and civil society organizations from Serbia, North Macedonia and Montenegro seeking funding for the activities/projects addressing the following priorities:
- Promotion of human rights, freedom of expression and good governance;
- Promotion of gender equality and empowerment of women and girls;
- Development of solutions that mitigate short and long-term social, health and economic consequences of Covid-19 pandemic.
- DAP project expenditure is limited to a maximum of 15,000 AUD.
DAP program does not fund:
- Grant programs run by other government organisations;
- Micro-credit schemes or any other project that involves the return of money or loans for cash;
- Salary of the permanent staff of implementing organisation;
- Administrative costs not directly related to project implementation;
- Purchase or rental of property land;
- Purchase of vehicles;
- Routine, recurring and/or running costs including office rent, electricity, water, phone, internet, etc.; routine maintenance and repairs (including of equipment such as photocopiers, computers, stoves, fridges etc.); and office or equipment insurance;
- Commercial ventures;
- Direct support for governments.
For more information, visit https://serbia.embassy.gov.au/bgde/direct-aid-program.html