The Australian Consulate-General Chennai, India has announced the Direct Aid Program Round 1: 2020 – 2021 to provide small grants for activities that support development and strengthen communities in India. This program, funded by the Australian Government also helps build positive linkages between Australia and communities in India.
Regardless of the type of project, all applicants should consider the impact of the project on women, children or other disadvantaged groups, such as people with disabilities. The proposal should contain measurable performance indicators.
Projects should be self-sustainable. Applications should demonstrate a commitment on the part of local authorities and/or beneficiaries to implement and sustain the project beyond the term of the grant. You must demonstrate the ability to meet ongoing costs of the project or program after the term of the grant.
- The Consulate-General in Chennai supports small-scale, sustainable development projects in the South Indian states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and the Union Territories of Puducherry and Andaman & Nicobar Islands with grants averaging around INR 5 lakhs.
What sort of Projects they fund?
They welcome high quality applications that will support development and strengthen communities in South India across all sectors. Proposed projects should focus on any of the following key areas:
- women’s empowerment and gender equality;
- community health;
- training and capacity building (with a strong focus on governance and human rights);
- environmental sustainability with a development focus (irrigation, urban planning and rejuvenation and water conservation);
- road safety;
- small-scale infrastructure projects.
- DAP funding is available to individuals, community groups, academic institutions and NGOs engaged in development activities on a not-for-profit basis.
- For project proposals in India – To receive a DAP grant, all organisations must have a valid Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act (FCRA) approval.
For more information, visit https://chennai.consulate.gov.au/cnai/DAPDAP.html