The Bethel Community Services Foundation is seeking applications for its Nonprofit Relief and Recovery Grant Program to help meet the needs of repairing the economic damage to Bethel nonprofits caused by the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- A total of $600,000 has been allocated for this program.
Eligibility criteria for the Bethel Nonprofit Relief and Recovery Grant Program will include:
- Nonprofits that provide services to residents of Bethel, regardless of where the nonprofit has its main office- though the nonprofit must have a clear, demonstrated physical or service presence within the City of Betheland regardless of whether the local chapter or affiliate is part of a larger statewide or national organization.
- IRS-certified 501 nonprofits. Religious institutions are eligible consistent with federal guidance, as updated.The nonprofit must have been in operation serving City of Bethel residents since at least January 1, 2019. Fiscally-sponsored projects, including those sponsored by BCSF, will be eligible to apply.
- A majority of the group’s local board of directors or local advisory board and its officers must be Alaska residents. A local affiliate of a national organization must have a local advisory or governing board.
- Grant funds must be fully expended by December 15, 2020.
For more information, visit https://www.bcsfoundation.org/covidnonprofit/