The British Embassy Kyiv is accepting project proposals from organizations to implement the “Youth engagement: citizens participation through enhanced social action skills and tools” project in 2020-2021.
This year the British Embassy Kyiv is seeking to support projects in Ukraine that focus on the following theme:
- Youth Engagement: promote youth’s (school leavers, students, and young professionals) active participation in the lives of their community and their country through contribution to the work of their local councils, enhanced social action, and increased implementation of citizen-supported initiatives at a community level.
- The estimated budget is up to £200,000. The final amount will be agreed with the selected implementer based on their proposal.
Bidders should set out a proposal to:
- Develop tools, mechanisms, and programs to enhance youth social activism and the capacity to play leading roles in their communities.
- Facilitate processes for youth-initiated social and environmental action projects in local communities as well as their collaboration with youth in other regions of Ukraine.
- Deliver capacity building opportunities (workshops, seminars both face-to-face where possible and on-line) for practical skills development and platforms for youth networking and collaboration with their local authorities and communities.
- Disseminate best practices at the national level and engaging youth around Ukraine
- Bidders should feel free to propose additional project components within the theme.
- The project would is expected to work with both civil society/local youth organizations and local governments and, where possible, build bridges and connections with both, leading to institutionalization of relationships. Successful bidders will need to set out their plan to identify and recruit project partners to work with.
- Bidders are asked to propose and justify a geographic scope for the project within the resource envelope set out in the Terms of Reference, the British Embassy Kyiv would not encourage only Kyiv centric proposals.
- Preference will be given to proposals aiming to work with young people in the oblasts of Ukraine where there is evidence of the least engaged young people or higher level of migration from the oblasts. Such evidence should be provided in the project proposals.
The expected project outputs are:
- Opportunities available for informal and formal processes of youth involvement and collaboration with their local authorities for building more cohesive and resilient communities (including in the context of local elections);
- Opportunities for the institutionalization of youth engagement and enhancing their active citizenship through participation in local youth councils and the life of their community.
To be eligible, the proposals must
- Demonstrate extensive experience in and understanding of working with local communities and particularly young people in Ukraine;
- Understand the specifics of issues related to youth disengagement and political and economic challenges that influence youth participation in the decision-making process affecting their life;
- Demonstrate strong relationships with key stakeholders in the youth engagement process;
- Be legally able to carry out the activities indicated in the bid;
- Demonstrate sufficient operational, human resources and expert capacities (local and/or international) to deliver expected results;
- Be able to offer innovative methods that would contribute to achieving the set deliverables, therefore, innovative methodologies that make use of digital and other creative tools to deliver the objective are particularly welcome;
- The work should include a plan to take success to scale in a way that does not fully rely on government systems.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2DwIZe5