The European Economic Area (EEA) has launched a call for proposals for the “Early Childhood Education and Care” to contribute to increasing the quality of life, social inclusion and early childhood development through support for the creation and implementation of a complex of functional services for children from vulnerable groups, particularly from Roma communities.
- Providing support for children in early childhood and support for access to education;
- Improving access to social and health services for children from vulnerable groups;
- Supporting the transition from a family to a formal educational environment.
- Total budget: EUR 6,029,412 (six million twenty-nine thousand four hundred and twelve)
- Minimum amount: 200,000 (two hundred thousand) euros
- Maximum amount: 500,000 (five hundred thousand) euros
- The implementation of the project activities should be completed no later than April 30, 2024.
- Eligible applicants: Municipalities in Bulgaria with at least three socially isolated communities with a concentration of problems creating a risk of poverty, social exclusion and marginalization and less than 300 children aged 0-6 years. Priority will be given to municipalities in disadvantaged areas with a percentage of the Roma population over 5%. If the applicant does not provide evidence of the percentage of the Roma population, the evaluators may use (if applicable) the official data from the 2011 National Statistical Institute census.
- Priority will be given to projects implemented in partnership with other municipalities to achieve the conditions. The planned activities should be directed simultaneously to representatives of vulnerable groups of all municipalities – project partners. Each municipality can participate (as a candidate or partner) only in one project proposal.
For more information, visit https://eeagrants.org/currently-available-funding/bg-localdev-call-for-proposals-early-childhood-education-and-care