The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor (DRL) announces an open competition for organizations interested in submitting applications for a regional project that strengthens anti-corruption efforts of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and ASEAN Member States.
DRL seeks projects that engage both at the regional level with ASEAN and ASEAN-affiliated entities as well as at the national and/or sub-national level within ASEAN Member States and with civil society organizations to strengthen anti-corruption efforts and make progress on ASEAN commitments and obligations under ASEAN 2025: Forging Ahead Together. Projects should be designed to achieve the following outcomes:
- ASEAN and ASEAN Member States strengthen existing national and regional anti-corruption frameworks and government oversight mechanisms
- ASEAN and ASEAN Member States develop and implement policies to more effectively deter and combat corruption, including expanding access to information, open government, and enhanced protections for corruption whistleblowers and media
- Whole-of-society approaches that include civil society and independent media more effectively inform and advocate on government anti-corruption and accountability commitments
Proposals should identify opportunities, where appropriate, for the U.S. government to be substantially involved in partnerships, public events, or other activities to highlight U.S. government support for anti-corruption efforts.
Projects could be designed with the potential for additional funding and time depending on funding availability and program progress and impact during the initial project period. Applicants may include an additional summary budget and budget narrative to extend the proposed period of performance to as late as March 31, 2026 and should indicate what objective(s) and/or activities could be accomplished with additional time beyond the proposed period of performance and/or funds beyond the current funding ceiling.
- Award Ceiling: $1,500,000
- Award Floor: $1,000,000
- DRL welcomes applications from U.S.-based and foreign-based non-profit organizations/nongovernment organizations (NGO) and public international organizations; private, public, or state institutions of higher education; and for-profit organizations or businesses. DRL’s preference is to work with non-profit entities; however, there may be some occasions when a for-profit entity is best suited.
- Applications submitted by for-profit entities may be subject to additional review following the panel selection process. Additionally, the Department of State prohibits profit to for-profit or commercial organizations under its assistance awards.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=332656