The Office of Academic Exchange Programs of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs announces an open competition for the administration of the FY 2021 Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD).
- The Global UGRAD Program is designed to promote mutual understanding by awarding outstanding, underserved undergraduate students from East Asia and the Pacific, Europe and Eurasia, the Near East, South, and Central Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, and the Western Hemisphere full scholarships for one semester of non-degree undergraduate study at accredited four-year colleges and universities which represent the institutional and geographic diversity of the United States. During their programs, students enhance their academic education with community service activities and professional development workshops. At the end of their academic program, students are required to immediately return to their home countries.
- Applicant organizations must demonstrate the ability to administer all aspects of the Global UGRAD Program, including administering scholarships for one semester of non-degree undergraduate study for visiting students at accredited four-year institutions of higher education in the United States.
- Approximate Total Funding: $6,050,000, pending the availability of funds.
- Approximate Number of Awards: 1
- Approximate Average Award: $6,050,000, pending the availability of funds.
- The floor of Award Range: None
- The ceiling of Award Range: $6,050,000, pending the availability of funds
- U.S. public and private non-profit organizations meeting the provisions described in Internal Revenue Code section 26 USC 501(c)(3) may submit applications for this competition.
- Applicants must have nonprofit status with the IRS at the time of application.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=328300