The Rural Cooperative Development Grant program improves the economic condition of rural areas by helping individuals and businesses start, expand or improve rural cooperatives and other mutually-owned businesses through Cooperative Development Centers.
- Conducting feasibility studies.
- Developing business plans.
- Providing leadership and operational improvement training.
- Facilitating strategic planning.
- Program Funding: $5.8 million.
- Maximum Grant Amount: $200,000.
- Nonprofit corporations and institutions of higher education are eligible to apply for this program. Public bodies, for-profit business and individuals are NOT eligible.
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=327995