Deadline: 23 January 2017
The Arctic Cooperation Programme of the Nordic Council of Ministers is open for applications to provide funding for new project proposals.
The objective of the Arctic Cooperation Programme is to support processes, projects and initiatives that will help promote sustainable development and benefit the people of the Arctic under the conditions generated by globalisation and climate change.
The Arctic Cooperation Programme is designed to help collate and co-ordinate the work relating to the Arctic within the framework of the Nordic Council of Ministers and its institutions.
The themes for the Nordic Council of Ministers’ Arctic Co-operation Programme 2015–2017 are:
- Sustainable economic development
- Environment, nature and climate
- Education and skills enhancement
The priorities within the themes outlined above are activities that:
- promote positive Nordic synergies in the Arctic that underpin the Programme’s objective, themes and criteria
- accord with the political priorities of the Nordic Council of Ministers and the Nordic countries’ Arctic strategies
- support the work of the Arctic Council, including its working groups and task forces.
The institutions and entities based in the nordic region are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Eligible entities must download the application form and submit via email.
Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia, the United States (Alaska), Canada, Denmark (Greenland), and Iceland
For more information, please visit Call for Applications.