The Mornington Peninsula Shire has announced a call for applications for the Creative Community Grant to provide an opportunity for sector individuals and groups to express themselves in diverse and unique ways, while connecting with others.
- Funding up to $10,000 per application is available to not-for-profit community groups and creative sector individuals registered as Sole Trader.
- Provide arts engagement programs that encourage the voices of the family and children.
- Increase community activity, sense of identity and celebration of place within the local communities.
- Provide opportunities for local groups and community-based committees to become involved in building creativity, cultural capacity and vitality in their communities.
- Strengthen understanding and value of Indigenous arts and cultural practices and/or contribute to the development of a sustainable Indigenous arts industry.
- Increase creative engagement opportunities at local events or festivals.
Minimum eligibility requirements to be considered for funding:
- Applicants must be based within the Mornington Peninsula Shire Local Government area.
- Program is open to incorporated not-for-profit community groups/organisations and creative sector individuals (for the purpose of this grant referred to as ‘artist’) registered as a Sole Trader.
- Schools/Learning institutions – only where the project is not curriculum based or where the activity or benefit is not confined to the learning institution but is for the primary benefit of the wider community.
- Non-for-profit group applicants without incorporation or Sole Trader status are able to be auspiced by an eligible organisation. An Auspice Agreement must be completed and attached to the application. The organisation that agrees to auspice must be involved in the conduct and financial management of the project for which a grant is being sought. An auspice organisation is limited to auspice a maximum of 2 unincorporated groups.
- ABN status must be provided. Applicants without an ABN must submit an Australian Tax Office Statement by a Supplier form with their application.
- All projects, programs and activities nominated in the application must take place within the Mornington Peninsula Shire Local Government area.
- The applicant must have an adequate level of public liability insurance relevant to the project.
- Only one application per organisation can be accepted to a maximum of 2 funding programs in a financial year.
- The organisation/applicant must not be in debt to the Council and must have acquitted or is compliant with all grants previously awarded by Council.
For more information, visit https://www.mornpen.vic.gov.au/Community-Services/Grants-and-Awards/Grants-and-Funding/Grants/Current-grants/Creative-Community-Grant