ECA (United Nations Economic Commission for Africa), in partnership with Betacube, has announced the launch of its first Tech African Women program, inviting female-led idea stage startups from Ethiopia, Senegal, Tanzania and Tunisia to submit their applications.
TAW (Tech African Women) is a program that is launched with the objective of empowering female founders to leverage their skills in order to build strong tech startups from scratch, accelerate the transformation of project ideas into validated business models and to develop alliances between different African ecosystems.
Throughout the duration of the incubation program, teams will have access to a pool of tech developers and designers who will develop their MVPs free of charge and work closely with top experts in Marketing and Finance in addition to the participation in tailored webinars provided by international trainers .
- The program will run from August to December 2022 and is composed of 3 main phases:
- Intensive 3-day training bootcamps & pitching competitions to be held in Tunisia, Senegal, Ethiopia & Tanzania in partnership with local ecosystem players. The winning team of each bootcamp will win a cash prize of $2000.
- A 2-months online incubation program for the best 2 startups from each country that will allow them to reach market & investment readiness
- A final Ceremony in Ethiopia in Addis Ababa at ECA Conference Center where 8 startups will be invited to pitch to win the final prize of the program (cash grant of 7000$ for the best startup), TAW targets female-led & idea-stage tech startups and offers teams an exclusive opportunity to acquire new entrepreneurial skills, establish partnership with their African peers, increase regional business visibility and access funds.It supports ideas addressing Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by developing the capacity of female entrepreneurs who desire to understand how to play a role in the continent’s development and want to deep dive into building impact-driven startups.
- All participants must be female between 18 and 35 years old.
- To have an idea of a tech startup that is addressing at least one of the SDGs.
- To be a national of one of the targeted countries: Tunisia, Tanzania, Senegal & Ethiopia.
- To be available and committed to attending all the bootcamp sessions physically
- In addition to the online incubation phase.
- To be able to communicate fluently in French or English.
- Tunisia: August 10th, 2022
- Tanzania: August 17th, 2022
- Senegal: August 17th, 2022
- Ethiopia: August 17th, 2022
For more information, visit https://www.uneca.org/stories/call-for-applications-for-tech-african-women-program%2C-by-eca-in-partnership-with-betacube