The Pulsante has announced a call for applications for the Fund for Civic Empowerment Organizations to contribute to the expansion and strengthening of the civic space, through the consolidation of an active citizenry that can influence power structures, including traditionally excluded voices and, consequently, contribute to improving the quality of democracies in Latin America.
Characteristics of the Fund
- A single call for applications will be opened, which will select between 5 and 6 organizations with their respective projects.
- Resources from 80,000 to 120,000 dollars may be requested.
- Organizations selected may also request technical support on issues such as communication, political advocacy, gender focus, and digital safety, among others.
- The support will last between 18 and 24 months.
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela.
- Legally established organizations.
- Organizations based in Latin America.
- Organizations that work to expand the civic space, from an online and/or offline perspective.
- Organizations that work on the inclusion of voices that are traditionally excluded.
- Organizations that may be institutionally strengthened with non-financial support and that may have the ability and/or potential to strengthen the civic ecosystem in their countries and/or region.
Applications will be evaluated based on four areas:
- Organization: Significance and ability of the organization to strengthen the ecosystem of democratic innovation in its country and/or the region.
- Consistency of the proposal: This proposal should be connected to a specific project that enhances the organization’s impact and strengthens its abilities.
- Focus on gender and inclusion
- Alignment of the organization with Pulsante’s objectives: (Expanding the civic space – Representing the voice of underrepresented and/or vulnerable sectors in the region – Potential to strengthen the ecosystem [national and regional] and to work with other partners).
For more information, visit https://pulsante.org/en/organizations_fund/