The U.S. Embassy Baghdad Public Affairs Section (PAS) is pleased to announce that funding is available through its Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program.
Purpose of Small Grants
PAS Baghdad invites proposals that strengthen ties between the U.S. and Iraq through programming that highlights shared values and promotes bilateral cooperation. All programs must include an American cultural element, or connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives.
Examples of Public Diplomacy Small Grants programs include, but are not limited to:
- Strengthening Governance, Democracy, and the Rule of Law.
- Strengthening Civil Society and Promoting Civic Engagement.
- Enhancing Professionalism in the Media.
- Combatting Disinformation.
- Countering Violent Extremism.
- Promoting Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- Empowering Women and Youth.
- Fostering U.S.-Iraqi Cultural Ties.
- Length of performance period: One month to 12 months.
- Number of awards anticipated: Up to 10 awards (depending on amounts).
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $5,000.00 to a maximum of $100,000.00
- Total available funding: $300,000.00
The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from the following types of organizations:
- Registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/nongovernmental organizations with programming experience.
- Non-profit or governmental educational institutions.
- Governmental institutions For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
For more information, visit Grants.gov.