The Ministry of Justice, the Operator of the “Justice” Program, co-financed by the Norwegian Financial Mechanism for 2014-2021, announces an open call for proposals under the Small Grants Fund 2 in the program area Counteracting domestic violence and gender-based violence.
The aim of the call is to improve domestic violence prevention system for the elderly and people with disabilities in Poland.
The call will support projects developing local support systems for preventing violence against the elderly and people with disabilities, and their families.
The projects will be implemented in line with the Council of Europe Convention on Preventing and Combating Violence against Women and Domestic Violence (Istanbul Convention), in particular with Article 4 of the Convention according to which the implementation of the provisions of the Convention by the Parties, in particular measures to protect the rights of victims, shall be secured without discrimination on any ground including age and disability.
All programmes and activities funded by the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2014-2021 shall be based on the common values of respect for human dignity, freedom, democracy, equality, the rule of law and the respect for human rights including the rights of persons belonging to minorities.
Project Target Groups
- the elderly (65+) and people with different types of disability (adults, as well as children and youth), at risk or experiencing domestic violence,
- families and caregivers of the elderly and people with disabilities;
- representatives of services and institutions working in the field of counteracting domestic violence;
- representatives of services and institutions providing support services for the elderly and/or people with disabilities;
- local communities in the places where the projects are implemented.
- The total amount available through the call is EUR 1 800 000 – PLN 8 358 480 (according to the average monthly rate published in the C series of the Official Journal of the European Union, calculated for the 6-month period before the date of publication of the notice, i.e. EUR 1 = PLN 4,6436).
- The minimum grant amount applied for is EUR 5 000 (PLN 23 218). The maximum grant amount available for a project is EUR 75 000 (PLN 348 270).
- Project grant rate from the Justice Programme may amount up to 100% of total eligible expenditure of the project (including 85% from the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2014-2021 and 15% from the state budget).
- Entities eligible to apply for funding are local government units at the municipal/commune level (gmina).
- Projects may be implemented in partnership. Eligible Project Partners are:
- Non-governmental organisations established as a legal person in the Republic of Poland or the Kingdom of Norway;
- Polish or Norwegian public entities working in the field of prevention of domestic and gender-based violence.
For more information, visit https://eeagrants.org/currently-available-funding/pl-justice-preventing-violence-against-the-elderly-and-people-with-disabilities-%E2%80%93-development-of-local-support-systems