The British Embassy in Bratislava is seeking a partner to deliver a climate change focused Race to Zero themed event and follow up activity to support Slovak towns, cities and regions to join the UN backed Race to Zero campaign and commit to carbon neutrality.
- Their objective is to support as many towns, cities and regions in Slovakia to join the Race to Zero and commit to achieve climate neutrality as possible.
- The minimum goal is to secure 15 commitments from Slovak towns, cities and regions to join the Race to Zero.
- They are seeking a partner to deliver this goal by organising a COVID secure, engaging and informative event that will:
- inspire municipalities to take action
- educate municipalities on the campaign and how they can join
- advise municipalities on how to create and implement a strategy for a municipality to become carbon neutral
- introduce possible financing opportunities through the Recovery Plan or other sources
- have a sustained impact after the event to secure as many commitments as possible
- They invite bids of up to €20,000.
- The successful bidder will be expected to provide end-to-end delivery of a conference of up to one day and secure at least 15 commitments to join the Race to Zero from across Slovakia’s towns, cities and regions.
- They would expect this to include at least:
- designing the event and programme including identifying topics, speakers and moderators for the discussions
- identifying, recruiting and liaising with participants from across Slovakia, including developing a communications plan
- delivering the event in a Covid-19 secure manner (implementers should outline how they would achieve this (e.g. online/ hybrid/ in person))
- production of a report following the event to summarise the outcome of the discussions and recommended next steps
- design and implement plans to sustain the impact of the event to secure as many commitments to join the Race to Zero as possible
Key criteria against which bids will be assessed
- They can only grant this funding to non-profit organisations
- feasibility of proposals setting out how this activity would be delivered
- value for money
- alignment with Embassy objectives
- how impact will be sustained after the event
- consideration of how to ensure any event is sufficiently engaging
- consideration of gender balance of speakers and participants. All panels must be mixed-gender
- consideration of environmental impact of the proposal
- consideration of risks to delivery
For more information, visit https://www.gov.uk/government/news/call-for-bids-deliver-a-climate-change-event-in-slovakia