The U.S. Consulate General Peshawar’s Public Affairs Section (PAS) is pleased to announce funding availability through the Public Diplomacy Grants Program to further Mission Pakistan’s goal to increase environmental awareness among people in northern areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP), especially youth, enabling them to identify and address threats to the local environment and the impact that those threats may have on the economic development of the region.
Citizen activism and participation, important components of governance in the United States, hold the potential to bring together a wide range of actors to foster creative and sustainable solutions to address environmental degradation and climate change.
- Increase appreciation and awareness of the importance of environmental protection to long-term economic development in environmentally sensitive areas, as well as the role of citizen activism and strategies for partnering with local organizations and governmental bodies in order to protect the environment and promote sustainable tourism in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Over six months to a year, the grantee will carry out research on best practices for citizen activism and sustainable environmental tourism, with a particular focus on U.S. best practices, and then share those strategies and practices that specifically address issues that affect the northern areas of KP with the target audience through awareness campaigns,workshops, and direct engagement with key stakeholders.
- Funding Mechanism Type: Grant
- Estimated Total Project Funding: $40,000
- Estimated Award Ceiling: $40,000
- Estimated Award Floor: $30,000
- Length of Project Period: 6-12 months
- Anticipated program start date: October 1, 2022
The Public Affairs Section reserves the right to award less or more than the funds described under circumstances deemed to be in the best interest of the U.S. government, pending the availability of funds and approval of the designated grants officer.
- Male and Female
- Northern Areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- Elementary school/Religious seminaries
- Middle and lower middle economic class (Rs 10000-20000 per month)
- The following not-for-profit organizations are eligible to apply:
- Non-governmental organizations
- Civil society organizations
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=337336