Women’s Fund Asia (WFA) is pleased to announce a call for proposals for the 2021-2022 Strengthening Feminist Movements (SFM) to support women, girls, trans, and intersex rights activists, groups, and networks working on the local, subnational, and national levels.
The common threads that run through the grants under this programme are:
- promoting feminist principles and a rights-based perspective in women, girls, trans, and intersex rights work in the region, the key components of which are decisionmaking, agency, and voice;
- strengthening the leadership of women, girls (ages 18-24), trans, and intersex people, especially second-line leadership; and
- networking and collaborations among groups and activists working at local, subnational, and national levels.
WFA will prioritize supporting applications submitted by:
- Those working towards strengthening movements to realise and sustain their rights
- Those working in difficult contexts and/or have limited access to resources
- Those using feminist, right-based, and intersectional approaches in their work
- Those groups which are self-led; i.e., the leadership of the group is representative of the constituency which the group is working with
- Organisational grants will range from USD 5,000 – USD 10,000.
- For applicants who have not been supported by WFA previously, the maximum amount for an organisational grant is USD 7,000.
- Individual grants will be up to USD 5,000.
- Individuals and organisations can apply for a grant for either a period of 6 months or 12 months.
- The call is open to women, girls (ages 18-24), trans, and intersex rights activists, groups, and networks working at the local, subnational, and national levels in the 17 Asian countries where they work:
- Individuals and organisations are both eligible to apply for this grant.
For more information, visit https://www.womensfundasia.org/SFMCall/