The Ramsar Regional Center – East Asia (RRC-EA) is now accepting project proposals for funding support under the 2022 RRC-EA Wetland Fund to promote the implementation of the Ramsar Convention by providing opportunities for awareness raising, information sharing, networking and funding.
This Grant Program provides complementary support to planned and ongoing national Ramsar initiatives as a contribution of participating Contracting Parties to the implementation of the Ramsar Convention.
Wetland advocates from the region are invited to apply for small grants in line with the following thematic areas:
- Wetland Conservation and Wise Use to support the implementation of the 4th Ramsar Strategic Plan 2016-2024
- support to national or sub-national processes on wetland conservation and wise use, including policy development
- implementation of activities that support the preparation or updating of Ramsar Information Sheets
- socio-economic and ecological studies to determine possible expansion of Ramsar Site boundaries
- wetland site/ecological assessments and research studies that will support the development and updating of wetland management plans, designation of new Ramsar Sites, and the establishment of transboundary Ramsar Sites
- completion and dissemination of national wetland inventories
- mapping of wetlands for restoration measures
- support to processes for the development and implementation of wetland restoration plans as aligned with wetland management plans
- support to processes for the development or revision of national wetland CEPA action plans or programs
- measures to control invasive alien species
- joint development and implementation of activities with the private sector
- provision of capacity building support for Ramsar Site Managers and wetland managers
- establishment of national or local networks of Ramsar Sites and wetlands
- assessment of wetland ecosystem services/values and management effectiveness of Ramsar sites
- support to national processes to facilitate country accession to the Ramsar Convention
- Celebration of World Wetlands Day
- any type of WWD celebration activity
- preference is given to activities that reach out to other wetland stakeholders who are not normally involved in affairs related to the Ramsar Convention
- The RRC-EA will support up to four (4) projects under Thematic Area 1 with a budget of USD 10,000 per project (but not exceeding KRW 12,500,000), and up to three (3) projects under Thematic Area 2 with budget amounting to USD 5,000 per project (but not exceeding KRW 6,250,000).
- The duration of projects is limited to one (1) year.
The Target Countries of this program are 16 Ramsar Contracting Parties in East, Southeast, and South Asia, namely: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Mongolia, Nepal, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Viet Nam.
- be experienced in any of the thematic areas
- have established linkages or networks with various wetland stakeholders (practitioners, researchers, policy makers, local communities) involved in any of the thematic areas
- have the capacity to encourage active stakeholder participation
- possess strong management and communication skills
For more information, visit http://rrcea.org/call-for-proposals-for-rrc-ea-wetland-fund-2022/?ckattempt=1