Vinnova’s Build for the Future – “Innovation for a sustainable building and construction sector” is now open for applications.
The overall objective of the call is based on the mission “Research and innovation for sustainable construction” in Vinnova’s regulatory letter 2022. The assignment/announcement focuses on efforts that generate solutions that contribute to a sustainable building and construction sector.
- In order to create change, it is required that existing solutions be improved and, in many cases, that new solutions be developed. Through this call, they are looking for projects in one or more of the following innovation areas:
- Sustainable material and resource flows
- Sustainable requirements
- Sustainable living environment
- The call’s total budget amounts to SEK 65 million.
- Vinnova can finance a maximum of 65 percent of the project’s total eligible costs and the grant can amount to a maximum of SEK 7,000,000 per project.
- The project duration may be a maximum of 26 months.
- This call is aimed at legal entities in the form of actor constellations which may include companies, universities and colleges, research institutes, the public sector and other relevant actors.
- The call consists of two offers where the applicant himself classifies his project based on the following two project types:
- Applied research projects: Applied research projects must be carried out by constellations of actors consisting of at least two project parties, of which at least one party must be a requirement owner.
- Development and demonstration projects: Development and demonstration projects must be carried out by constellations of actors consisting of at least three project parties, of which at least one party must be a requirement owner.
- Need owner means a party who needs and benefits from the project results and who can take care of, manage and disseminate the project results after the end of the project.
- In this offer, they see that actors collaborate, develop and test innovative solutions. The consortium must be adapted to current needs and the owners of the needs must be involved in the development work and have a central role in the project.
- Foreign actors may be relevant depending on the project’s goals. All project parties must be legal entities and a project party applying for a grant must be a Swedish organization. Here, the term Swedish organization also includes a foreign organization that has a branch or place of business in Sweden, please note that the costs of the grantee must be attributable to the activities of the branch or place of business in order to be eligible for support. Actors without a branch or place of business in Sweden are welcome to participate in the projects, but cannot receive a grant from Vinnova.
For more information, visit https://www.vinnova.se/en/calls-for-proposals/circular-and-biobased-economy/build-for-the-future-innovation-for-a-2022-02717/