The German Development Cooperation (GDC) through the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) provides support to Southern African Development Community (SADC) Secretariat and SADC Member States to implement the upcoming joint regional SADC/GIZ programme on “Climate Resilience and NRM in the SADC Region” (C-NRM) running from 2021 to 2023.
- Building More Resilient Communities in and around TFCAs,
- Cross-Border Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation in TFCAs,
- Strengthening Cross-Border Collaboration and Regional Integration in TFCAs.
- The total budget allocated for this activity is €500.000. GIZ/SADC is looking for 2-3 high performing projects with a budget between €100.000 to €250.000 each. Project ideas can be jointly developed between implementing partner(s) and the respective TFCA structures. The lead applicant will submit a letter of support from the TFCA structure. Please note, that project ideas for the Kavango Zambezi TFCA cannot be funded under this call.
- Organisations working in SADC TFCAs are invited to submit project proposals for such demonstration projects, which may include the following topics: alternative livelihoods, climate smart agriculture, aquaculture, fisheries, forestry (e.g. REDD), rangeland management, and ecosystem-based adaptation/ nature-based solutions. The demonstration projects are planned to start in early 2021.
- SADC welcome project proposals based on existing (cross-border) initiatives and projects who see a potential for an add-on component or scaling-up of a proven methodology.
- All international, regional or national organisation that have offices within at least one SADC member state, operate/implement in at least two SADC members states and that have non-for-profit and public benefit status are eligible to apply under this call for concepts. The creation of a consortium with one lead partner is possible. The applicant must be a legal person. The finance system must comply to GIZ quality standards, i.e. the shortlisted applicant must pass a commercial viability check in order to receive funding.
For more information, visit https://www.sadc.int/opportunities/procurement/open-procurement-opportunities/call-proposals-giz/