The Ministry of Environment and Water has announced a Call for proposals under the Programme: Environment Protection and Climate Change under the Small Grant Scheme 4: “The increased ability of local communities to reduce emissions and adapt to changing climate” under the Programme: Environment Protection and Climate Change, co-financed by the EEA Financial Mechanism 2014-2021.
- The purpose is to fund projects for the development of educational programs and campaigns as well as awareness-raising of climate change by information campaigns across the general public.
- The procedure aims to increase the number of trainees on climate change, mitigation, and adaptation and to increase the number of educational institutions (schools or kindergartens) engaged in climate awareness/ adaptation awareness/ education activities.
- Total procedure budget is EUR 650,000.
- The minimum amount of funding is UR 50,000 and the maximum is EUR 200,000.
- The duration of the project is from 12 months to 24 months.
- Under this Call, an eligible Applicant is any entity, whether public or private and noncommercial organisation established as a legal entity in the Republic of Bulgaria whose main activity is in the education sector, as defined in the Pre-school and School Education Act.
- Applicants may apply individually or in partnership. The application is made by submitting an Application form (by the applicant) on behalf of all partners.
- One organisation may be a Project promoter within only one project and/ or partner in not more than two projects under this Call.
Ineligible (even if meeting the above criteria) shall be any Applicant and Partner (s) who:
- Was convicted by an enforced judgement (unless rehabilitated) for:
- a crime against the financial, tax or insurance system, including money laundering, under Art. 253 – Art. 260 of the Bulgarian Penal Code or similar foreign legislation;
- bribery under Art. 301 – Art. 307 of the Bulgarian Penal Code or similar foreign legislation;
- participation in an organized criminal group under Art. 321 and Art. 321? of the Bulgarian Penal Code or similar foreign legislation;
- an offence against property under Art. 194 – Art. 217 of the Bulgarian Penal Code or similar foreign legislation;
- an offence against the economy under Art. 219 – Art. 252 of the Bulgarian Penal Code or similar foreign legislation;
- a crime under Art. 108a of the Bulgarian Penal Code or similar foreign legislation;
- Has declared bankruptcy
- Is in liquidation proceedings or in any analogous situation arising from a similar procedure under national laws and regulations.
- Has exceeded the de minimis threshold for de minimis state aid granted by his/her state under the relevant legislation of that state.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/30uw6KP