The U.S. Department of State and U.S. Mission to India is seeking proposals for the Indo-Pacific Academic Competition to promote a unified community identity of the Indo-Pacific region by building awareness among young adults about the historical and cultural heritage of the region, the challenges the region currently faces, and the opportunities it endows by organizing an international, inter-university, quiz competition that will be broadcast on a popular visual media platform.
- Within five months after the project start date: Develop a knowledge pool of resources for multiple rounds of the quiz, factoring in a variety of categories, types, and levels of questions and answers, including high-resolution images and multimedia content for visual clues. This will be evidenced by a review of such content developed by the awardee by a panel of experts. This content should be provided as a study guide for all participants.
- Within six months of the project start date: Build general awareness about the Indo Pacific region among young adults (teams consisting of at least 100 university students from across India and another 100 from the region making a total of 200) by recruiting them to participate in an international, inter-university quiz competition focused on the region. This will be evidenced by the number of students across the Indo-Pacific enroll and participate in the preliminary rounds of the competition.
- Within seven months of the project start date: Teams consisting of at least 50 students (30 from India and 20 from the region) will embark on a comprehensive and in-depth study of the Indo-Pacific, which will be evidenced by their active participation in the subsequent semi-final and final rounds of the quiz competition.
- Within 10 months of the project start date: At least 100,000 predominantly youth audience members across the Indo-Pacific region would view the Indo Pacific as a cohesive region, through building general awareness about the present challenges and opportunities as well as the syncretic cultural heritage of the region. This will be evidenced by the responses to sample surveys posted on the visual media platform on which the program is broadcast and review of the social media engagements the program generates.
- Within 12 months of the project start date: Winners announced and publicity generated for the competition.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $150,000;
- Award Ceiling: $150,000;
- Award Floor: $100,000;
- Length of Project Period: 12 months.
- University students in the age group of less than 28 years from across India.
- University students in the age group of less than 28 years from across the Indo-Pacific region, primarily from groups of countries below:
- Member countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), comprising Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, , Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam
- South Asian countries such as Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
- Members of the Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (QUAD) comprising India, Australia, and Japan.
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Civil society/non-governmental organizations
- Not-for-profit think tanks
- Public and private educational institutions
- Public International Organizations and Governmental institutions
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=331903