In partnership with the ITTECOP programme, the French Foundation for Biodiversity Research (FRB) calls on the scientific community to submit to CESAB projects based on the analysis and synthesis of existing data on the theme “Territorial approach to biodiversity: transport infrastructures, natural and agricultural environments” at a European geographic level.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- Assess the impacts of these infrastructures on biodiversity (genetic, specific, functional and ecosystemic), all taxonomic groups being potentially concerned;
- Determine how the design of the infrastructures can impact the different facets of biodiversity in relation to agricultural uses and practices, management of natural environments and wildlife, and surrounding territories
- Evaluate how the management of infrastructures and their “naturalized” part can influence these impacts in interaction with the surrounding natural and agricultural environments;
- Identify and analyze the economic, socio-technical and political factors that contribute to the deployment of these infrastructures and the degree to which they take biodiversity into account.
In particular, the following are expected: scientific publications and all other forms of knowledge dissemination to managers and stakeholders, open-access analytical tools, databases, the organization of international workshops and training sessions, and the presentation of results at conferences.
The working group will provide an intermediate report (18 months) and a final report (36 months). Special attention will be paid to knowledge transfer. The selected team will thus participate fully in the joint activities of the different projects of the ITTECOP 2020 call.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The financial support of the FRB and FFP includes the recruitment of the post-doctoral fellow for 24 months, financial and logistical support for the organization of meetings, communication and dissemination costs, technical and administrative support. Direct financial support for the operation of the project cannot exceed the project duration of 3 years. The setting up of the project constitutes a commitment on the part of the project leader: any change in the list of members of the group, the number of meetings, the calendar, etc. must be approved by the CESAB management and its partner. Thus, the project leader will submit a mid-term progress report; this report will need the Project Monitoring Committee’s approval to allow the continuation of the budget.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Budget includes:
- One post-doctoral student located in Montpellier in the premises of CESAB for a period of 24 months,
- 5 meetings of the group (consisting of 12 experts, with a maximum of 2 non-EU). The working group will meet at CESAB twice a year for 5 days, for a maximum project ‘s duration of 3 years,
- 1 restitution meeting at the end of the project,
- A computer (within the limit of 2000 euros) for the post-doctoral student,
- 30 days per year to ensure the link between the coordinator and the post-doctoral student,
- Publication costs up to a limit of 5000 euros,
- Carbon offsetting of meetings up to a limit of 3000 euros.
- In addition, the FRB will provide:
- Local organization and logistic (planning of meetings, transport, accommodation and catering),
- Workspaces at CESAB,
- Support for data analysis,
- Support for the communication of the project’s results,
- Administrative support for project management.
- The budget (construction and monitoring) will be handled by the CESAB staff.
- The selected candidate will contribute to the three events organized as part of the scientific animation of the ITTECOP programme (starting seminar in the first quarter of 2021, intermediate and final).
- the scientific excellence and innovative character of the project,
- the relevance to the theme of the call and to the objectives of CESAB,
- the quality of the working group established (i.e. the relevance of the skills brought together and the level of expertise in relation to the topic addressed),
- the feasibility of the work programme,
- the importance of the proposed activities for the dissemination of knowledge and data, and
- the links with national (and international) initiatives.
For more information, visit https://www.fondationbiodiversite.fr/en/calls/joint-call-for-proposals-frb-cesab-ittecop/
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.