The Critical Ecosystem Partnership Fund (CEPF) and the Prespa Ohrid Nature Trust (PONT) are combining resources and issuing a joint call for proposals for the wider Prespa-Ohrid area.
- Support the sustainable management of water catchments through integrated approaches for the conservation of threatened freshwater biodiversity
- Strengthen the regional conservation community through the sharing of best practices and knowledge among grantees across the hotspot
- The overall budget available under this Call is €116,000 (€58,000 from PONT and €58,000 ($70,000) from CEPF).
- The total budget of each grant may be up to a maximum of €20,000.
- The timeframe for implementation of the grants is maximum 8 months (from November 2021 to end of June 2022).
- This Call is open to applicants that are based in Albania, North Macedonia or in both countries, which have been active in the Wider Prespa-Ohrid Area and have interest and experience in the relevant conservation actions eligible under this Call.
- For the purpose of this Call the applicant applying must be a legally established and tax registered organization for at least the last 3 years in either Albania or North Macedonia. The lead applicant must be registered as a local NGO with its base within the Wider Prespa-Ohrid Area.
- Applicant organizations must be composed of basic staff, infrastructure, financial systems and a basic financial budget.
- Applicants must have their own bank account and be authorized under relevant national laws to receive charitable contributions.
- Individuals, community groups, municipalities or businesses must work with eligible applicants (only local NGOs) to develop applications
For more information, visit https://www.cepf.net/grants/open-calls-for-proposals/2021-mediterranean-basin-small-grants-PONT