The Regional Fund for Women’s and Feminist Organizations and Movements is making this first call for the submission of grant applications to women’s and feminist civil society organizations in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The objective is to support women’s and feminist organizations and movements in the Latin American and Caribbean region to develop projects that contribute to the achievement of gender equality, women’s autonomy, and their access to fundamental rights throughout Latin America and the Caribbean within the framework of the Regional Gender Agenda in coordination with machineries for the advancement of women.
Projects must be submitted by non-governmental organizations with a national presence in which the project will be implemented and that are aimed at promoting actions related to the Regional Gender Agenda agreed in the framework of the Regional Conference on Women in Latin America and the Caribbean of ECLAC.
Proposals may be aimed at:
- Introduce and improve organizational systems, tools, and processes.
- Strengthen skills, particularly in technical and managerial skills; and/or,
- To support equipment such as photocopiers, scanners, printers, laptops, and computers provided that the cost of such equipment is limited to 30 per cent of the proposed grant budget.
Funding amounts in this call: Grants for this call are limited to a maximum of $10,000 per women’s and feminist organization or movement for a period of no more than 4 months.
- The applicant Organizations and the Women and Feminists Movement (OWFM) may request a grant to cover the following activities linked to capacity building strategies of the OWFM to contribute to the achievement of gender equality, women’s economic, physical and decision-making autonomy and the guarantee of women’s rights in line with the commitments of the Regional Gender Agenda agreed in the framework of the ECLAC Regional Conference on Women in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Source: Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC) (2021), «Regional Gender Agenda», adopted in the framework of the Regional Conference on Women in Latin America and the Caribbean.
These OWFM applicants may submit an application if:
- They are registered and in operation for at least three years.
- It has sufficient capacity to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Has sufficient financial management capacity, including the implementation of adequate financial policies and procedures to manage the small grant.
- They are not a government entity.
- They are not a UN organization.
- Its management staff does not participate in the Board of Directors or the Secretariat of the Regional Fund to Support Women’s and Feminist Organizations.
For more information, visit https://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/programme-implementation/2021/11/unw-ac-ro-cfp-2021-007-womens-autonomy-in-the-face-of-covid-19