The Roma Education Fund (REF) has launched a call for the selection of implementing partner organizations in Serbia and Turkey in the field of increasing access and participation of Roma students in tertiary education.
- The objective of the call is to select partner organizations for the implementation of activities related increasing access and participation of Roma students in tertiary education and transition to labor market. These activities will serve as a bridge for young Roma tertiary students and graduates towards employment and active citizenship, by providing tailored training in professional development, computer courses, foreign language competences, but should as well include support to Roma students in education in respect to needed mitigation of the negative consequences of COVID-19 and its potential reoccurring.
- Particular attention will be paid to ensure that the partners are aware of gender-sensitive approach and to apply it in the project implementation.
- There will be one grant awarded in each country.
The available country-based budget which cannot be exceeded per country for the project period is:
- Serbia – 49,800 EUR
- Turkey – 28,597 EUR.
The projects should be implemented in the period of September 2020 – June 2021.
- Eligible countries where the project should be realized are Turkey and Serbia.
- Note: The applicant needs to take into consideration during the selection of specific locations that the proposed project activities cannot take place at those locations where there is currently an on-going REF supported project.
- The target group are Roma students accepted to full time BA studies from the 2020/21 academic year and to be followed during one school year period. REF plans to increase the scale of interventions and number of new activities in countries where it has cultivated strong partnerships and solid implementation capacities, thus the size of target groups might be changed slightly due to this reason.
- Note: The beneficiaries of this project cannot be persons who are beneficiaries of other REF’s interventions in the countries of operations.
- Number of scholarship recipients 30/year
- Number of students participating in mentoring and tutoring 30/year
- Number of students in internship placement up to 30/year
- Number of students in professional development 30/year
- Number of scholarship recipients 16/year
- Number of students participating in mentoring and tutoring 16/year
- Number of students in internship placement up to 16/year
- Number of students in professional development 16 /year
In order to apply for the grants, the following eligibility criteria apply:
- Legally registered non-governmental organization in the given country;
- Operational capacity: systems and processes for ensuring sound management of funds. At a minimum, an organization needs to have basic accounting and reporting systems;
- Proven relevant experience and indicating ability to fulfill the objectives of the action;
- Core values in line with REF’s values – tenacity, integrity, justice, accountability and inquisitiveness – and REF’s commitment to integration and gender mainstreaming.
- Track record of project implementation: priority will be given for organizations which have proven their management capabilities, commitment and effectiveness, according to satisfactory monitoring reports, as well as successful outcomes with REF as partner organizations. Additionally, organizations which have proven the closure of similar relevant projects will also be considered.
- Geographical operation of the organization: the project activities will be implemented in areas of the project countries which extend REF’s geographical coverage and add new beneficiaries. Organizations with proven affiliation and work in the given territorial area will be a basic condition of funding.
- Experience with Roma community and target groups: REF will prioritize organizations that are rooted in their community and operate with community input, involvement, and investment.
- Roma involvement in planning and management project: REF prioritizes organizations in which Roma participation is encouraged and valued.
For more information, visit https://www.romaeducationfund.org/call-for-the-selection-of-implementing-partner-organizations-in-serbia-and-turkey-in-the-field-of-increasing-access-and-participation-of-roma-students-in-tertiary-education/